The English Language Department in the College of Basic Education opened in Rania in 2016-2017 for the Ministry of Education teachers who hold diploma in English language and that are currently teaching in public schools. It also admits high school graduates (12th grade) as parallel. It has accepted 71 students as the first step.
The English Language Department of the College of Basic Education opened in Rania in 2016-2017. The aim of opening this department is to prepare exemplary educators and scholars. Likewise, the college takes into consideration the development of learners' skills on new methods of language teaching and language learning. It is evident that learning any language is important especially English language nowadays. After mother tongue, English language has turned to be the most important language. It helps learners to utilize the technology in an efficient way. English is the Language of many books and paper resources. In the English Department we prepare teachers to become leaders in the field of education, to carry out and disseminate research within the scientific field of education and to be able to positively influence the next generation of our society. We encourage those teachers to participate and assimilate education projects inside the region to further enhance their knowledge and understanding of their subject and of teaching methods. Vision
The problem of our learners is the lack of experience of the teachers who taught them in schools. School teachers are not aware of new approaches of language teaching. In addition, they are not familiar to children and teenagers psychologically. Nevertheless, expert teachers take into consideration various ways in which group work enhances learning in their classrooms. The English Department will produce young adults who will become active, fulfilled, and positive contributors to the community.
1. It attempts to help the primary school teachers who are currently teaching at Basic Schools in the Ministry of Education and who hold a diploma in English language.
2. Graduates will have been taught new methods of English language teaching.
3. It attempts to prepare teachers to meet the needs of the Ministry of Education.
4. It offers the society skillful graduates to affect it positively.
5. This will make a great connection between Ministry of Education and Ministry of Higher Education.