The Department of Kindergarten, which officially started in the year 2012 by the ministerial order No.667 on 17th of June 2012, is considered one of the vital departments in the community. The department presents an integrative academic program for obtaining a Bachelor of Education in Kindergarten. Upon satisfactory completion of the program, graduates are qualified to work as teachers, educators or specialists in children up-bringing. Students are required to take a certain number of core courses in this field as well as some elective courses. The courses offered: general psychology, educational, psychology, early child psychology, basics of education and philosophy.
The department focuses on the following points to clarify its mission:
1. Preparing specialized and qualified academic staff for the field of education. This is to employ them in the department and have their own contributions for building up the learners’ personality of productivity and awareness.
2. Preparing the educational psychiatrists. The aim is to help the individuals in the society point out their problems and find reasonable and scientific solutions for them. Their existence and participation enhance the teaching /learning process.
The department attempts to put into practice its vision through the following points:
1. Building up qualified scientific staff for the department, taking advantages of the opportunity of sending the undergraduates and the postgraduates to study abroad.
2. Taking advantages of teachers of MA and PhD holders of various universities inside the region through seminars as well as scientific workshops and conferences.
3. Visiting private kindergartens in the region for the sake of having close connections with them, having good knowledge about the ways of implementing the teaching /learning process and taking advantages of their abilities.
The main aim of this department is having educated and professional cadres to the Ministry of Education to be able to reach the education objectives in a modern way.
College of Basic Education for Evening Studies
Dean of the College: Dr. Ahmed M. Ahmed.
College of Basic Education for Evening Studies opened in 2012 for the Ministry of Education teachers. Initially, it consisted of two departments: Kurdish Language and Mathematics. Two other departments, Arabic Language and General Science were added in 2014. They accept teachers of education too. In 2016, English Language and Social Science departments opened for the teachers of education and high school graduates