Kurdish Department courses for the academic year (2019-2020))
|Ph. Number||Lecturer||Units||Hours||Course name||Course Code||No.|
There will be no recruitment in our department for the academic year (2019-2020)
|No.||Course Code||Course name||Hours||Units||Lecturer||Ph. Number|
There was no recruitment in our department for the academic year (2018-2019)
|No||Course Code||Course name||Hours||Units||Lecturer||Phone No.|
|1||Syntax||3||6||Khoshnaw Aziz Hama Amin||07501204105|
|4||Barzan Ali Pirot||07501557667|
|3||General Methods of Teaching||
|4||Soran Abdrahman Hamad||07501233746|
|6||Methods of Research||2||4||Brwa Rasul Ahmed||07701443942|
|7||Children’s Literature||2||4||Nahida Hussein Adbrahman||07501228701|
|8||Theoretical Linguistics||2||4||Tavga Omar Hama Salih||07504971764|
|9||Criticism Theories||2||4||Safya Mohammed Ahmed||07504725914|
|10||Measurement and Evaluation||2||4|
An introduction to third stage courses:
- Literary Method: This entails the collection of all literary texts, each author having their own method of writing. In this course students acquire information about literature in order to differentiate authors’ written work. An additional goal is that students gain the ability to differentiate between written works from different centuries, as well as among different nations. Thus, students build up experience in academic research and in making critical judgements about the methods of poets and authors.
- Criticism Theories: This is an essential and theoretical subject which focuses on the definition and concept of criticism principles and methods, and different kinds of criticism. Its main goal is to introduce general concepts of theoretical literary criticism and students will be taught how to criticize and evaluate written works.
- Introduction to Methods of Research.
This module consists of an analysis of several different methods of writing scientific research, each with its own methodology. Method is defined as a group of methods and factors to gather and evaluate results in a particular subject. Research methods including the following: descriptive method, contrasting method, comparative method and historical method. The main goals are to familiarize students with the principles of writing scientific research, and preparing students to carry out research.
Syntax: The most important process in a language is sequencing words. The importance of this subject is that students will be familiar with the concepts, theories, and rules that are needed to connect sentences and analyze them.
- Children’s literature: The main goal in studying this subject is to examine ways of providing children with information in an engaging way or through stories and simple poems because at this age, children can understand things rapidly, so they must be taught in this way in order to develop a good and powerful personality in the future.
Theoretical linguistics: language has a very important role in our lives. It is divided into several branches. It consists of some systems which start from the sound system and building up to meanings in sentences.
Practical Grammar: This involves studying the Kurdish curriculum from first grade to ninth grade. The main goal is to prepare students to be successful teachers in the future. Graduate students will acquire systematic information about teaching in grammatical subjects. The main goal of this course is to train students in order to help them teach Kurdish grammar when they become teachers in elementary schools.
General Methods of Teaching: This prepares students to teach in the future and they must be familiar with methods of teaching.
Educational psychology: All teachers and experts believe that educational psychology is a very important subject to develop the teaching process. Educational psychology is a field of scientific psychology that analyzes our behavior. This discipline includes concepts, principles, theoretical and practical methods that are the main factors in being successful in learning and teaching. The course’s goal is to familiarize students the importance of education in teaching and its effects on society. Discussion of the history of educational psychology is another goal which will prepare students to teach adopting the best methods.
Measurement and Evaluation: This is one of the essential principles of education and the teaching process. Experts and teachers believe that it is the main engine to develop the educational process. At the same time, it is the first step in learning new things, and its goal is to know the weak and strong points of teaching and learning processes in order to develop them.
|No||Course Code||Course name||Hours||Units||Lecturer||Phone No.|
|1||Semantics||3||6||Chya Ali Mustafa||07501172931|
|Observation and Application||
|4||Soran Abdulrahman Hamad||07501233746|
|3||Special Teaching Methodology||
|4||Dr. Sherwan Hussein Hamad||07501321555|
|4||Dr. Safia Mohammed Ahmed||07504725914|
|5||Applied Linguistics||2||4||Moayad Balul Rashid||07504535637|
|6||New Literature||2||4||Nahida Hussein Abdulrahman||07501228701|
|8||Management and Supervision||2||4|
Introduction to Fourth stage courses:
- Practical criticism: this introduces the concepts and definitions steps of practical criticism differs from theoretical criticism which evaluates and analyzes written works within certain genres.
- Special Teaching Methodology: students are trained to be Kurdish language and literature teachers at elementary schools. This includes ways of teaching of the alphabet, reading, grammar, composition and literature, from first to ninth grade. The importance of this subject is that students will be familiar with both scientific principles and methods of teaching for each subject, because each subject requires a different way of teaching.
- New Literature: The purpose behind studying this subject is that students will acquire information about new literature according to the new language, techniques and the context of Kurdish literature; it also focuses on the factors and ways of renaissance.
- Semantics: this is a science that deals meaning and it works on signs in language. Semantics is the meaning of language (in words and sentences). This module covers analysis of sentences and pragmatic, semantics, introducing and analyzing meaning, and also talks about theories. Familiarizing students with pragmatics and its differences with semantics is another goal of the course.
- Applied Linguistics: This relates to the use of language in our daily lives. Students will learn social and psychological linguistics, and the purpose of this subject is to explain applied linguistics to the students through conversation.
- Management and Supervision: This is one of the important subjects as students need to acquire information and experience about contact between teachers, managers and supervisors because they may become a teacher, manager or supervisor. Management is both a science and an art - we can say it is a process that serves others.
Observation and Application: This course is divided into two parts. In the first part, students visit schools to observe practising teachers and in the second part they have their own practicum for six weeks starting at the beginning of February. As a result, they will be ready to be competent teachers in the future.